Sunday, November 18, 2007

Stowaway

Almost forgot to tell you of our "stowaway". He/she/it joined us a few hours out of Fernandina Beach and stayed with us until after we anchored. He/she/it came into the saloon (living room) after we anchored...was on the computer...on the couchs...in the galley (kitchen)...and I was thinking to myself what a great additional he/she/it would make to the boat...except I would have bemoaned the mess. But isn't he/she/it beautiful and cute???

Not the 1st time I have these feathery visitors on the Lady H. While crossing the Bay of Byscane on the way south to the Canaries on the maiden voyage, we had a similiar bird befriend us for almost a day. We were more than 250 miles from any where....this again happened on my way north from the Caribbean 2 yrs ago...same thing...several hours on the boat...down below the whole thing....It has been suggested to me that H (the boats namesake, my wife ) is checking up on me to make sure I'm happy in life....one must wonder???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul