Friday, January 18, 2008

Manatee

So there are no pictures....but I saw a manatee today....my first ever....Paul saw one last year at Dinner Key. We are "parked" in Lake Sylvia and took the dingy over to a restaurant/dingy dock past the 17th street bridge to complete provisioning at Winn Dixie. Just as we got close I saw in the water this HUGE speckled black mass in the water....I "alerted" Paul in my typical fashion....yes, there was a little while that he didn't know what I was talking about...then he slowed down. The manatee dove down and re-surfaced...with his huge body just below the surface and his two little nostrils above the surface...he/she was pretty cute. I'm really glad I got to see one!!!! So now that I have seen an endangered manatee we can leave for the Bahamas....okay we were going to leave tomorrow anyway!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul