Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine’s Day to all!

Paul was having such fun at Marina Cay…last night we even saw a boat run aground…I’m sure he will give you the play by play. We motor sailed from Marina Cay to the Baths, Virgin Gorda, early this morning. Picked up a mooring ball and snorkeled around. Visibility was not the greatest but it was nice to go swimming…saw a ray…and while I followed him (the ray) to get his picture Paul disappeared on me...I was about ready to go to one of the other boats after calling for him...then I hear him calling for me over near the rocks...hmmmm...


And I'm posting this picture...so you will all enjoy!!!!


the rocks are unbelievably beautiful and look somewhat out of place!






By the time we were leaving many boats were once again vying for the few mooring balls left. Paul says they are kept up by the Parks Department, but it looks like many have been neglected (i.e. the lines are on the bottom of the bay) and Paul says there are not nearly as many floating mooring balls as he remembered. Wonderful sail (“pinching”) going 8 and 9 knots until we made the turn close to Virgin Gorda Sound, then we had to motor sail…then motor.


We are now at Leverick Bay so that I could get signed up to dive the RMS Rhone on Saturday with “Dive BVI”.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul