Tuesday, February 26, 2008

So…yes, this Vista thing is a bit different…the good news is that I am letting Paul go through the aggravation of learning it and setting up the computer…then I just “glean” from him and have no aggravation! My kids will identify with this…remember game boy??? Ha ha! Anyway…a bit of a rewind…diving the wreck of the RMS Rhone was really VERY cool. BIGGEST fish and lobster AND turtles yet…even a BIG barracuda! Very fun dive, I hope you enjoy the pictures!

When I got back from the dive, Paul got into the heat exchanger. Now… he didn’t mention it…but I was the one that suggested that he use his expensive dingy patches for a gasket to help with a “quick fix”! Of course it was all his work, sweat, and expletives that finished the job! Virgin Gorda Sound was great but we did need to get back to the “states” (U.S.V.I.) to pick up my computer, Paul’s parts (yes, one purchased on ebay), and to get my old computer off to my youngest daughter. We anchored off of Red Hook on St Thomas for a few days then on to Lameshur Bay where we are now as I write this. We had fun snorkeling the afternoon we arrived. Just have to show you some of those pictures.

Diving to clean the bottom was fun, but, yes, only got ¾ of it done on one tank. And, come to find out my NEW steel tank has a small crease in the valve. It did not stop me from using it…just made me “leak” air. I’m pretty sure it happened when the dive shop in St Thomas filled it for the first time. So, really it is a good thing that we are headed back to St Thomas…but we’ll see if the dive shop will “own up” to the issue when we get there in a few days! For the first time ever it was having only 500 lbs of air left that brought me up to the surface... After Paul finished his reconstruction of the heat exchanger again we both hopped into the water and snorkeled around the boat. Of course, what did we see??? A barracuda…I really think Paul attracts these creatures…right Brad??? We are in good company in this Bay…there is an Oyster and an HR (Hallsburg Rossey)…Paul says very few of the Americans have gotten the “flag memo” (big flag), but it does seen the Brit’s got their memo…they are both British…and both BIG flags.
Paul just opened a bottle of something….he’ll tell you what it is…it is good, but I think I like my “ice cream” better. Hopefully we will be able to get this off to you once we are back in St Thomas. In the meantime (tomorrow) we are going to do some more snorkeling…and go to Coral Bay and “Skinny Legs” for a hambuger!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul