Thursday, September 25, 2008

1 Fantastic Year and counting

Skip Jack on the Bay. There are a few of these still working the Bay. Notice the small boat on the stern, its a V-8 engine used to move in and out of port. The boats must be engines-less to work the Bay.

Thur Sept 25th 9:15 am Today marks a year Joyce and I have cruised aboard the Lady H. We have cruised almost 6000 miles together...to Venezuela and back. We have experienced all Mother Nature could hand out, from a full gale and 50+ knots off the coast of SC to windless days motoring back from St Thomas. We had several 200+ mile days ... the 4 min mile in sailing. We sailed more this year than any other... We have met many new cruising friends...who we will meet again at some new anchorage. I started this last cruise recovering from knee replacement surgery last September and 2 back surgeries the previous year, that left me looking at the trawler ads in the magazines. Joyce has been there and pushed me along when I might have otherwise parked the boat. I'm now at 61 and a certified diver , thanks to Joyce. I look forward to the upcoming cruise and diving with Joyce as we discover the beauty of the underwater world. We are planning a 2 yr cruise..parking the boat in Guatemala for hurricane season. As I look forward to the upcoming cruise, I look back at the most enjoyable year cruising I have had aboard the Lady H. My 1st Mate and sole mate is always ready to do the manual tasks that I can't or more often shouldn't. Simply put, I would not be sailing today without her effort and support. Follow us this year as we sail south together to visit new places, new friends, new experiences. Thank you Joyce......

2 comments:

  1. Paul,

    Didn't I tell you the red type doesn't show up?

    Wes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It is nice to hear that my mom has been taking care of you, and thank you for taking care of her in return! Hope to be able to visit you guys at some point next year someplace tropical!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul