Monday, September 1, 2008

Bad Pennies

There is something to be said for staying in one place. We have been in the Marina for almost two months...and things got pretty, well, one could say boring. Boring can be good....and then, one morning we woke up to a scene from "The Birds"...except they were seagulls.
Then back to boring....and things were so dull in fact that while we were in Safeway this week...and I was be-moaning the fact that Halloween stuff was already being displayed (oh heavens)...I passed by and then went back to this display because...EEK...this is now my new camera case inside the boat. You see, I needed something to hold the camera safely and hopefully be rather "inconspicous" at the same time. I was planning on buying some material and making one...but this was just the PERFECT size! Soon the novelity will wear off and the legs will become a top...and I will take the eyes off...but it is a GREAT padded camera case!
And then there is Mexican Train on Saturday nights....well, I wandered off for a moment to get a picture of this unique bird...anyone know what he/she is??
So this is the part that we will miss....our Saturday nights...And, friends....And, everyone at the marina...it was hard to leave today...I did get hugs...never enough. To all of you...and I will not name you individually...but it seems to me that each one of you should know....that both Paul and I give our warmest wishes to each one of you...that you stay safe and follow your dreams...
And, here we are anchored at Magothy tonight...going to dive to clean the hull and prop tomorrow.
So to all....enjoy us being gone...because like a bad penny we will be back....at least we hope to!!! Love to all!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I like the Columbia Crest wine making an appearance in one of the pics:)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul