Friday, October 24, 2008

A Quick Bonaire Dive Report

The delay in updating the blog is that I came back to the boat with a horrible sinus infection...due to travel related loss of sleep...Omar...and air conditioning?? Some would think that traveling would be very easy for me...my brain just hasn't gotten that "memo". So... I guess of most importance...I am now a PADI certified Divemaster.
This is Bonaire...a man-made beach below the rooms above the rocks that keep the island from erroding with the wave action...so from above the water to below the water:
Giant Sea Anemone with two Pederson Cleaning Shrimp...
Location of the Sea Anemone between the coral.
Lots of different coral among giant sponges.
The new camera works...now I will have to say that it is the camera-person that still has a lot to learn to get the best shots consistently...but am very excited that when I did get it to work...how great the shots did turn out with the color!! This is Vase Sponge.
This is a very happy Spanish Hogfish...if you look closely there is a very unhappy crab in his mouth....
Tube Sponge among coral....
Another Giant Sea Anemone...
The first 30 feet underwater has been made an underwater "beach" by the wave actions. The dive instructor and I on one night dive used these underwater locators as an obstacle course...I felt like my kids dogs doing an agility course!! It was great fun!!
Squid....
And, very large Sea Urchin...
Stay tuned for before Omar pictures...and after Omar pictures...yes, the first hurricane in 12 years in Bonaire and I was there!!!










1 comment:

  1. Great pictures...I always love seeing all the different marine life and places that you go...I haven't seen any posts in some time so I'll look forward to seeing more...I almost feel like I know you guys...have fun

    Derek,
    Knoxville, Tn.
    friend of brad from comcast

    ReplyDelete

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul