Thursday, December 25, 2008

Back to St Martin despite Trains/Planes/Automobiles

Merry Christmas everyone!! And, there is truly a white Christmas...somewhere...
Courtesy of my mom's house...
While the airplane flights were being cancelled, the trains were booked and cancelled...as well as the hotels...and the taxis...well, the Seattle taxi's would not drive the less than 8 miles to take me back to my mom's house! I would have spend yet another night in a airport (I had already had one night in the Spokane airport...and one in the Seattle airport)...but thanks to my moms' neighbor...I got a shower, 7 hours sleep, and a ride back up to the airport for a relatively uneventful three stop flight back to St Maarten! Of course there had to be "lost"...but really only delayed luggage!!!
So back to the warmth of the French side of Saint Martin...baguettes are wonderful...and protection from the Christmas winds here in the lagoon.
We had a quiet Christmas day...cleaning up (very little)...enjoying the warmth and then having "our" salad...garlic bread (on french baquette) and lamb...YUMMMMMM...now time for some movies!!! Isn't Sootie too cute???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul