Saturday, April 18, 2009

A short Margarita update

The Margarita lighthouse...Delphinus sailing "wing and wing" behind us....a rock off of the beaches of Pampatar...and then to Porlamar and Marina Juan's. He offers a check-in/check-out service, free bus service to one of the Sigo's (supermarket chain), and is just an all around nice and helpful guy...if not a little misguided...it's a "rice story" and I hope Paul will blog on that, the "rum race", and his new dingy)...! There are only forty boats here...last year, same time, over fifty. Porlamar is not unlike any other large city that I have seen in Mexico. I would imagine that some days one could forget that they are on an island...pretty much all you need can be found here (within the government price control limitation issues) with the mainland of Venezuela close enough to see on clear days. I suppose the exception is that fishermen are (and therefore fish is) more plentiful here...and the fishing villages have had the cities build up right behind them! Safe here?? Tell me...is it safe in downtown Baltimore at night? Paul got his new dingy late yesterday (pictures will follow)...and not to be outdone...I ordered mine too...here is a picture of the one I ordered!! I love these boats! One small issue is that Paul does not want to tow mine behind Lady H (too much drag) and there is no room on the Lady H for it!! Hmmmm...I need to come up with a plan...any suggestions??

1 comment:

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul