Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Off the boat in Seattle

Tue July 28 2::30 PST Well we have been here for a week. Weather has been nice except for yesterday and today where the temps have hit 90. I have been spending time online ordering parts for the boat. My son Matt thinks I am rebuilding the boat in his basement. Will be interesting to see if we can get all this stuff in our luggage on the way back. Guatemala does not allow for Yatch in Transit. Seems they charge a 35-45 % duty along with other fees that almost double the price. So we plan on heavy luggage on the way back. Delta still likes me as they let me have 2 bags up to 70 lbs...so we get an extra 40 lbs.
The political mess in this country is depressing. If the left is able to pass this health care mess I fear our country is lost. Hopefully the voters will figure out that Obama's taking us over the edge and stops this destruction of our republic. Guess I don't need to get on that soapbox.
We are house sitting for Joyce's sister till tonight. Tomorrow Joyce's son Paul arrivies so she can teach him how to scuba dive. Back to Seattle on Saturday.
Our aditions to the blog will probably slow down till we get back to the boat in October. I'll try and keep my blood pressure down by not watching the news....more later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul