Monday, July 13, 2009

Packing for Vacation

The Fourth of July party was well attended...and we had a good time chatting with all...
and Paul laughed so hard watching the blind dingy races!! Interestingly enough...no male/female teams went...only male/male teams! I thought I would include some additional pictures of the road/trail that some of us walk!Walking by myself, I don't go as far...This is one of the homes along the road. And rubber trees are what is "farmed" in this area. When one of the other ladies goes with me we go a LONG way...up and down many hills. This is a look back from the turn around spot at the top of one of the hills.And, this is a view from the top of that hill. Of course the day I took the camera it was overcast...but it was still beautiful!Then Thursday was Ladies day at one of the Marina's near Lake Izabel which is farther up the Rio Dulce. Since I was early for my appointment, I took Hugo up to take a look!The lake is huge and beautiful!
And this fort was right before it...
I didn't stop to take a tour...but it was fun to get pictures from the lake! The grounds of the other Marina was beautiful as well...These of course are EVERYWHERE!
Facials...manicures...pedicures...none of which is my style! But I did need my hair trimmed...and of course it was done at a fraction of what it would cost in the U.S. So anyway...back to what else we have been doing for the last week! Packing...we take a bus from Fronteras, Rio Dulce Friday for Guatemala City...a five hour bus ride...for our flight Saturday back to Seattle. Our two month vacation away from the boat...the longest Paul has ever been off of the boat since starting his live-aboard adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul