Monday, October 25, 2010

Thankful For...

With Thanksgiving just around the corner...thought I would share just a bit of what I have been blest with and am very thankful for! For now, Captn Paul and I are both safely back to my lakehouse (no new pictures here yet)! Brief thought about the way our trip back to Guatemala and warmer weather turned...while disappointing...right now, just very happy that his surgery went well and PT begins in another week! On to picking up my mom at the Knoxville airport, a quick visit with Captn Paul's daughter, Beth (by the way, congratulations again on your well deserved awards) and where we had a great time shopping (thank you so much)! Then a quick pictoral review of some of the fun my mom and I had on our road trip......Smoky MountainsDollywood...Dollywood...Dollywood...Dollywood...Dollywood...And, more Dollywood....Cade's Cove...Cade's Cove drive...
The music we enjoyed both at Dollywood and all the way across country! We had the BEST Sunday morning church service ever from inside Higgins!
All in all...the entire trip was a wonderful reminder of how beautiful this entire country is. But most especially...as we came over the pass into Western Washington...the yellows, reds and greens were the most vibrant I'd seen on the entire trip...and I thought...how much I have to be thankful for right here in my own backyard! So...along the same thoughts...telling it like it is...My youngest daughter and her S/O who slept on the couches while my mom and I had their room...my son for the use of his truck again for delivery of an electric love seat and a REAL bed for Captn Paul and I to sleep on...my oldest daughter who met Captn Paul at the airport, brought him back to my mom's house, had his favorite beer and fritos waiting for him AND spent much time and energy helping me move back into the lake and return her brother's truck! I truly do have so much to be THANKFUL FOR....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul