Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Warm water...warm water...finally...

I thought of that (warm water) when I saw that my nephew went into Puget Sound for a dip in February...with a shortie on yes...and much like I have done in many years past. After all...water is water...and, I did teach my son to scuba dive in Hood Canal...very cold! The one dive that my son and I were able to do while my kids were here in Roatan visiting...was my first dive of this season! The airplane and the ship wreck! I've sort of been waiting to see if my dive buddy (Capt Paul) would get antsy and want to go...but since he has not...I've been waiting for just the right dive buddy! So who sails in but Stan (Stan and Lynn - s/v Homer's Odessey)...a dive instructor (from way back) and he wants to go diving! He didn't have to ask me twice! I'll admit that there was a load of trash in the water (grrrrrrrhhhhh)...it was said that perhaps with the rain, tides and current...that it was brought here from the mainland...BUT...that aside...there is something about breathing underwater...These Lionfish are now being hunted and eaten...which is a good thing...they even have started a Lionfish fishing tournament with a cook-off afterward! I'm not ready for that...but sure glad that the locals are doing something fun with these pesky invaders! It was Stan's first time diving this wreck...and he enjoyed searching all around it!I of course took the (little) camera and... was continuing my search to capture a picture depicting the beauty...the ever changing underwater environment...trying to catch the feeling of amazement in what I see..when I can be under the water! The bow of the ship....There is a very large Snapper hiding...can you see him?What was delightful as well was that at our three minute safety stop...Stan took my camera...and I guess you can see my joy! At our dive "debriefing", once back up in Hugo...Stan's underwater passion was evident! So...yes, for me...warm water is preferred anymore and under the water...well...finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul