Sunday, April 17, 2011

Inspiration...

"For everything you have missed, you have gained something else; and for everything you have gained, you lose something else", Author unknown. Upon my return to Roatan and the boat, my most recent dive buddy Stan had already taken Homer's Odessey around the point to West End. He had a friend that had come down to join him to help sail the boat to the Rio Dulce. Since we had rented a car to take Mizzen to the local vet for her rabies shot...we took the time to drive over and meet them for lunch. Stan was telling us about the submarine trip that he had taken with his son and after lunch we drove over for a look at the sub. This is an amazing story of a young man with a dream and desire...I would suggest checking out his website. www.stanleysubmarines.com We then said goodbye to Stan. We will certainly miss his company and I will miss diving with him! I am slowly getting back into my afternoon "routine"...hop on my bike...ride around the island...stop and play volleyball...go swimming and then back to the boat. On my ride sometimes I stop and chat with other cruisers...sometimes not...but this day I took the camera and sure enough the peacock was showing his colors! He even turned around for a picture...and then back again! To the volleyball...that is another story and one that has been made possible by Suzie and John on Caberet. Suzie is in the black shorts here. She will walk down the beach and recruit vacationers to come play with the cruisers...she organizes the teams...won't play on the same team as her husband, John, and rally's her team with animation when her team gets behind. You would think, that really I would know better than to play volleyball in the sand at my age. So far, I have hurt my toe and was on the injury...can't play list for a week; hurt my wrist and couldn't play for another week; hurt my foot and couldn't play for a couple of days; then hurt BOTH wrists and couldn't play for a couple of weeks! So why is it that I keep going back? "It is about your outlook towards life, you can either regret or rejoice.", Author unknown. Inspiration or Suzie? Don't have an answer to that one...but I do enjoy playing with, against, and harrassing all equally.So, keeping inspiration in mind...I'll be looking for the next person to come down to visit us, and whomever that may be, may have to go in that little submarine with me down to 2000 feet under the water or so? Just keep in mind... " The great oak was once a little nut that held it's ground", Author unknown. Inspiration enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul