Friday, January 27, 2012

Paradise explained...

It has been awhile since I've blogged.  Been staying busy with diving cruisers...diving! 
 There has been the word paradise thrown around in my world for awhile especially lately and it got me to thinking. What really does paradise mean?
So I looked it up (so happy for internet on the boat) and found "It is conceptually a counter-image of the miseries of human civilization, and in paradise there is only peaceprosperity, and happiness. Paradise is a place of contentment, but it is not necessarily a land of luxury and idleness". 
 Looking at this definition brings a few things to mind.  The first sentence of the quote probably has the most thought provoking ideas...but then defining peace, prosperity and happiness?  Too much thinking for me...so I like the second sentence. 
 Contentment...that needs much less definition and just understanding what contentment for each individual is.  I like the "not necessarily a land of luxury" as well as we all know those who need and have less and yet seem to be so happy!  And, to include that paradise is not necessarily a land of idleness...well, that I can identify with!  I remember many years ago when I was riding my bike every day (many miles and another story).  There were days when my kids would think I was being...hmmm...for lack of a better word here...crotchety?  They would tell me "Go on a bike ride mom!"  And, yes, I would heed their advise.  When I would come back from the 20 mile or so bike ride...the world was quieter...had my perspective change?  
 This now has become a "Joyce needs to go diving" piece of advise.  I still heed the advise and it still works...paradise...to each...is his or her own.  And, I just have to add...orange was my dad's favorite color...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul