Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Christmas Eve Day...Happy Birthday Matt!

We met some more cruisers from Wisconsin...Jim and Roberta...on their 45 foot boat "Chipper". They came by in their 800 pound, 35mph dingy after we re-anchored at a different spot for the third time here in KW. This time the police came by...the tides and wind had eased us into a little used channel. Interestingly enough, someone must have left as Paul found a "hole" and we now have the BEST "parking" spot closer to the dingy dock. Anyway, we met Jim and Roberta for happy hour at The Conch Restaurant and Bar and I had my FIRST "dark and stormy"...well, my first...and since they were two for one....a few more!!!! We then had them over to The Lady H also! Roberta has the same birthday as I do!!!! Here is the dingy dock...usually very crowded and you have to pull boats apart to get on the lower dock...
....AND this is the best picture....but truly you would have had to have been there....and oh...how I laughed....and laughed...but....only once we were back and I knew he was safe and wasn't going to crash did I laugh in front of him!!!! And, for those that know me....some may ask why he is in front of me on the bike??? Probably better explained for those that know Paul....after I told him that I was going to take his picture....he took off and never looked back....could that have been because he can't turn his neck...or because I didn't know where I was going so we had already gone through a stop sign/light or two...or did he think I might post his picture to the blog riding a bike....we will never know....
And...the REAL Key West "sunset"....taken from the nightly sunset celebration on Mallory Square...been there...done that!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul