Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas from Sunny and Warm Key West

Christmas Day 2:22 PM Greetings and Merry Christmas from where it is warm. Yesterday we traped around Key West doing some last minute shopping. Made the last run on the city buses while they were still free to the supermarket. Go back to paying tomorrow. Found a nice piece of prime rib, which we cooked for dinner....just wonderful...recipe will be in the book, medium rare all the way through...just like the high dollar restaurants. We were up with the sun to start our Christmas celebration. The cook (me)received some new titanium cookware....stuff is too cool...$$$$$, but worth every penny. Had omelets cooked in the new pans. Will cook tonight ham in another one. Joyce is now ready to fill the freezers with lobster. She has a new lobster kit and this dive computer thing that according to her tells her how long she can catch our lobster dinner, when she should come up and even tells her which way back to the boat. She is going to go diving tomorrow morning...then next week down to learn how to catch the little lobsters. Now for my side of the bike-a-thon. They gave me a girlie-girlie bike...it was anatomically incorrect....and remember I don't feel much in my feet..so I couldn't tell when or where my feet were on the pedals. Well I made it back to the barn without any major accidents...very tired...quads were like jelly. think I will get the trike next time.
As you can See Joyce got me a new T-shirt...others have suggested that I do at times need some supervision.


We are getting ready to go ashore....2 cattle boats in today so its business as usual here in Key West. Matt and his girlfriend get in Thursday for a few days R&R, he will be going back to Iraq for his 2nd deployment next month. Yes I'm the proud father of a US Marine. Will be cooking his favorites for a few days. But he will get the honor of dragging my new anchor down to the dink and on-board the Lady.

Well we are only getting about 100 amp hours of power out of the batteries before the voltage drops too low. We will make it back to Miami for new, but extra gen-set time is needed to keep them up. Off to the happy hours for Christmas Day here in KW....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul