Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Dink Diver's Version

So, here we are in Coral Bay. We took Little Bit (the dingy) into the dock a short walk from Skinny Legs. The shopping took me a little longer than I thought and when I got back Paul had moved tables and was having fun telling “stories” to this young couple. Very sweet couple and we had a lot of fun chatting…then they had to go back to the other side of the island where they were staying. Paul had mentioned that many people here on vacation travel across the island to have the “famous” hamburger at Skinny Legs. We do hope to meet up with them tomorrow for a sail…
Now to the dingy diving…I kept my shawl on at all times…and didn’t lose a thing overboard, none of my shopping stuff, camera, purse…unbelievable I know…but true…so I’m thinking that Paul’s score of 2.3 for my dive is a bit harsh! And, yes, the scrape under my eye (which almost makes it look like someone hit me) does hurt this morning. My neck hurts the most…BUT…it could have been worse…I did choose a soft spot to fall…well the softest in the dingy…that being Paul…AND I could have fallen AND gotten wet!! I am very glad that most of the chores (cleaning the bottom of the boat and buffing out the black stuff on the side) were done earlier…because I don’t feel like doing any of them today for sure! Maybe a couple of days rest!!!! I will however continue my “sporting challenge” of standing on the tubes and balancing while getting in and out of the dingy…four months on the boat…numerous dingy rides…one fall (for me)…as Paul would say “do the math”…I think, so far anyway, the numbers are in my favor!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul