Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Dink Diving

Sunday Feb 24 Th 7:55 am Another day in Paradise. Went in to Skinny Legs for dinner. Joyce had her usual shopping urge,so I found a table and ordered some drinks. A young couple sat down at the next table. She asked what I had ordered Joyce. I said it was a Bushwhacker. Was it good? She asked because her boyfriend had ordered her the same. My answer was “be careful”. They invited me over to their table. Casey plays professional baseball and Sidney is an accountant. Joyce joins us. We had a fun time…ended up asking them if they wanted to go for a sail on Monday. So we are meeting them Monday at Cruz Bay. The trip back to the boat was a little more exciting. The dock is a floater…narrow and wobbly. I had a hard time on the way in..But with a few rums in me..well you get the picture. I make it to the boat and crawl in; at this point Joyce decides to take up a new sport “Dink Diving”. The next thing I know she is on top of me in the dink head first. She jammed her neck and took a shot under the eye. Iced her down when we got back to the boat. She is a more difficult patient than me. I’m sure this incident will be my fault when she gets up this AM. Her score on her 1st attempt was only a 2.3. Joyce has this habit of trying to stand on the tubes as she gets in the dink. I have been warning her that she was going to fall in. I thought the water not the dink. She is up now, eye not too bad, but the neck is sore. I’m sure the cleaning of the bottom and waxing the port side to get the soot off did not help her condition. Joyce wants to go back to Skinny Legs for lunch…she didn’t have her hamburger last night. From there back to Cruz Bay. On Monday before we pick them up, I want to go to the US Park service and get my “Old Fart Pass”. Then we get 50% discount when we have to pick up a mooring. You cannot anchor in the National Park, you have to pick up a mooring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul