Monday, February 11, 2008

Little Harbour




Sat Feb 9 2:24 pm…Yes it’s my birthday, I’m now an official “old fart”. We moved over to Little Harbour from Great Harbour on Jost Van Dyke. I was here 28 yrs ago…now these guys have an operation going. We anchored among the moorings…($25 for those who do not know how to anchor…better spent at happy hour…so we are ahead. We dinked in..met at the dock by an Island Lady…welcomed us…what can she do for us…asked what’s for dinner…everything…led us to the Lobster Pot. 40-50 buggers in there…25-35-45$ depending on size…Pig Roast. .fish ribs…they have it all. This place has a self service bar…all top shelf stuff…$6 a drink..$3 at Happy hour…Well how can someone pass this up…so at 12:05 pm I go behind the bar and make a powerful rum punch…Joyce goes shopping…I meet this stink potter Charter dude…intrigued by our lifestyle ..Joyce not finished shopping…rum punch # 2…boats starting to come in early ..need to get their mooring so they don’t have to anchor. We go back to the boat…some sun and rest…decide to do 2 loads of laundry and make water….batteries happy…full charge… we throw in the cabbage and have corned beef and cabbage for lunch…hmmmm.. We get ready to relax.. Joyce still trying to get some sun. .me down here blogging you guys…Joyce yells down…big cat coming in…I grab a beer and assume my relaxed cruising position with beer in hand to watch this 48’ cat attempt to grab a mooring. This guy tries to grab it on the run down wind…definite indication of a typical dumb ass charterer…they have 5 -6 up on the bow .We call this Grab a mooring by committee…they miss…spin around and try with the wind at their beam..another no-no…I take a few pics and off they go for easier ..so I’m, now finished with this and back up to watch the parade……Well Joyce has decided to treat me to dinner at Sydney’s. I decide on the Pig roast, Joyce goes for the LARGE lobster….my guess I’ll get some leftovers… I’m sure I will have fun playing bartender for us…I did find a bottle of Sambucca …dessert for the both of us…we will try and keep Joyce out of the Pain Killers…and..well its my birthday…so now we can kick back and relax till 7pm..we still have 4 hrs left of afternoon entertainment…












No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul