Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Other Fishy Story

Wed Jan 1-30 5:45 Land Ho !! I was able to make out St Thomas thru the early morning squall. If the wind holds we should have the anchor down by 11:30. Was a fast night, I actually got some decent sleep for the 1st time since we left. That’s the way it is on longer passages. It takes a few days to get into the rhythm. Just as I adapted…damn we are here. We have only run the main engine about 30 hrs since we left Marathon in the Keys. A new record for me.. I think we can make Margarita on this tank of go juice.. We are into the trade winds now and should not be using as much fuel. For the 1st time in my sailing career I have been waiting for wind and wind from the right direction. Time to slow down and enjoy ….. And now…
Joyce’s Fishy Story

Will add pics later...we are having technical difficulties


For sure the cleaning of the fish is a” pink” job. Joyce and her “Ginzo” Knife had her fish all filetted out in no time with little mess. I know when I have been bettered at a task

Not bad in a bouncing cockpit sailing along at 8.5 kts in 20+ kts of wind. I decided to stay clean and supervise like a good Captain should. No reason for both of us to get covered in fish blood and guts. Notice below the fillets bumps where Joyce surgically removed all the meat around the fish”s vertebrae
I think she missed her calling as a fish cleaner

“Houston, we have a problem” The additional fish from Joyce’s catch has caused a storage problem. Now we have been at sea for 5 going on 6 days. The rule on the boat is no hard liquor till the hook (anchor) is down. We have limited freezer space, including the all important space for the “happy Hour “ ice. With this additional fish there is little room left for the ice. So we decided to take out some steaks and the last of my soup to make room for the fish. Looks like we will be eating from the freezer for a few days. I know Joyce will tell her side of the story, but now the cockpit alarms are beeping…another wind change….Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul