Monday, February 11, 2008

Tis the Charterboat Season

Fri Feb 8 8:55 PM Jost Van Dyke. Well an interesting afternoon. We were in here early…checked in before noon. Had a hassle with the gun…customs guy not sure what to do…first had to surrender it till we left…then seal the gun case…then call the local cops….went to the boat got the gun…customs guy…just had to see and hold it…don’t think he ever held a gun before….cop arrives…says we have to give it to them…I say…no problem last year…well then he calls Tortola…maybe seal the gun…do we have a safe…yes..then make sure the gun is safe…..no way the shotgun will fit in the 24”x24” safe…but he did ask if we had a safe…not that the gun would fit in the safe….”no problem..mon”…gun now back on the boat with a customs seal. Back to the boat….now I have been telling Joyce about the “Charter Boats “ here..as I have said before I was one for many yrs…seems as the economy goes south the charter companies will give a boat to anyone who can say boat. I had warned Joyce about “afternoon entertainment” This usually starts about 3-4 pm as the charter boats make a mad dash for their nights stay. I have been here before…not the best holding and in spaces DEEP. Well we had our PREMO spot in about 15’ of water.with correct amount of rode. Joyce was on the computer…”get up here the show has begun…” for the next 2 hours we watched 10- 12 charter boats attempt to anchor ….


some 7-10 times…sometimes on top of the next boats anchor….I even made popcorn….








There was a small cluster of cruisers around us….anchored properly with proper spacing….several tried but could not break into our anchorage field. We went ashore to Foxy’s…. Joyce had never had a painkiller… Was Joyce’s 1st ,2nd and ..why I don’t know 3 rd “Pain Killer” While I was getting the 3 rd some cruiser buys her a “Friggin in the Riggin” Now we have to get back to the boat…remember..no dinner at this point….well. I decide to see how deep the water is at the dinky dock…gee…I can stand…so I only have to climb into the dink…well back at the boat…Joyce not well…a hot shower and she is gone…me up for this blog..and with this..a good night……………

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul