Friday, March 21, 2008

Diving Dominica

So after the Dominica tour we have been having fresh squeezed grapefruit juice every morning, REAL lemon grass tea, and Paul has put some cinnamon leaves in one of his rum bottles...we'll see how THAT tastes!!! I on the other hand have not been brave enough to have any more of the seaweed/cinnamon/milk drink that this one lady at a roadside stand made for me. Nor have I had any more of this...well I'm not sure what it was...we got it at the old woman's house that our driver Paul took us to...

On to the DIVE!!! AND...Guess who decided to join me at the bottom of the ocean??? Yes, below is a picture of Paul...taking a "discovery" course. And, yes, he hopes to get his scuba diver certification tomorrow and the Open Water diver certification down island, where the visability is better. I was with another dive group and did get some good pictures of coral and such.....but since I had the camera he did not get to take the picture of the turtle and the snake that he saw....

This cute little guy....some kind of a Parrotfish...not sure exactly which type.... New book says Redband Parrotfish!!!

Huge coral....
A Bluehead Wrasse dwarfed by brain coral.....
This guy's eyes are so cute...don't you just want to take him home?? Not sure what he is though... I had to chase a few fish just to get their pictures. These are pretty much everywhere....they are called Sergeant Major's....
Still haven't figured this one out...some kind of Hogfish...but the first I have seen. Got a new book....he is a Whitespotted Filefish!!!
A Bi-color Dameslfish and the most beautiful purple coral....
A trumpetfish.....

Coral colors....

A Reef or Spotfin Butterflyfish...New book says...Longsnout Butterflyfish!!!
More beautiful coral....
And, another first...a Rock Beauty...with another little guy wanting to take the spotlight...
A Blue Chromis.....

There were smaller Black Durgon that I chased around trying to get a good picture...never did (see below)...now I feel so lucky to have gotten the pictue I did at the wreck of the Rhone and shared with you earlier on the blog!!!

And, if you made it all the way down to here...this picture is from the main street of Portsmouth looking towards the bay. Quite a contrast from the picture at Les Saintes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul