Monday, March 24, 2008

Old Fart learns new tricks


Mon Mar 25th 8:31 AM Well I did it. For the last month or so Joyce has strongly suggested I get certified so we could dive together Last Friday I did a discovery dive. They give you 30 min instruction then throw you over the side with the dive master for this 25 min dive.

Capt at 40 Feet

Yesterday I spent Easter AM cracking the books up at the dive center doing my knowledge section(got a 99 on the test) and yesterday PM went for another dive with the dive master and now I'm a certified Scuba Diver...I still have some more dives to do along with more book work to get my open water certification, but this is too cool. Once you dive, you never look at the sea the same way. Snorkeling is like looking at a 3"x5" photo...being down there is breathtaking....hmmm get that breathtaking...one of the 1st rules ...always breath, never hold your breath... We went ashore and ate local curry and jerk shrimp..once back at the boat I opened one of my Christmas presents from Joyce ...my Pyrat Rum....and toasted my achievement.



Chris my instructor said I was not an Old Fart. He taught a couple that were in their 80's last month.. Well getting ready to leave here and head south.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul