Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's 8:48 Hugo time, Happy Tax Day

April 15th 8:48 Hugo Time Isle of Margarita Venezuela. Yep 8:48 Caracas Time. Old Hugo is so egotistic, that he has his own timezone. Its 1/2 hour off of the rest of the world. We arrived Saturday afternoon after a rolly ride from Union. Good thing I bought those 17 gallons of diesel...had to motor all of the last 50 or so miles...wind just died. Friday morning I came down with the Tobago Cays Two Step, Montezuma's revenge and the crapolas all mixed together. I ate nothing Friday, forced some fluids and laid in the cockpit all day . I had enough energy to let Joyce get some sleep between 10 and 1:30 pm. I took the watch at 1:30am.We always share here on the Lady H....at 4am Joyce is up and in the head..she announces she is now sick. She staked out her spot in the saloon and proceeded to vegetate for the next 12 hrs. Now remember I was sick the day before...and been up since 1:30....she was sick....really sick...when late in the afternoon I spy a native boat 20 miles form nowhere coming our way and that I needed the shotgun and flare gun....well she got the flares and back in her nest she went. After an hour of cat and mouse they motored off to the east. As we were motoring into Polamar, Joyce stayed in her nest...she was really out of it. We anchored, I started to get the dink in the water... but I ran out of gas...just went below made Gin and Tonic Grande...proceeded to watch a few TV programs and crash...Joyce never moved....poor girl. I was able to get the Internet up and running....Fast forward...Now Sunday AM...Joyce still not moving much, but did get some fluids down....I found a bag of Frito's and cured myself...still tired but the Frito's did the trick. We went in late Sunday bought some ice and a few jugs of water...then both crashed back on the boat. I will let Joyce do the pics...

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Sounds terrible! I hope you are both feeling better. Today was my first day putting weight on the leg at PT. It went well, but it looks like I'm still going to be on crutches for a few more weeks - until I get my strength back. Ugh. My patience is wearing thin! Anyway, get lots of rest, drink lots of fluids, and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul