Sunday, June 8, 2008

Fuel at $5 or more at the Marina


Sunday June 8 3:32 Ft Lauderdale / Lake Sylvia 92 deg F
Yesterday I dinked in with Joyce about 7:30 am to send her off for a weeks diving adventure over in the Bahamas. Joyce has been hinting...well more than that...since we missed the Bahamas on the way down she wanted to dive there. We decided to wait till Joanna, Phils wife got back from the UK, before we head north to the Chesapeake. So I found this Live-aboard 65'Sailing dive boat that goes to all the great dive sites in a week. So as I write this Joyce is on a "Cattle Boat" over in the Bahamas I have enough boat chores to keep me busy for the week.

Hot Hot Hot....Now what do all the stinkpot owners do now that fuel is over $5 bucks at the marina. They all come over to Lake Sylvia where we are parked and play idiot. Usually this time of yr I have this place to my self. This AM I awoke to the sound of some huge diesels only to see an anchor by committee on a 50 ft sport fisherman. His fore deck crew would let out about 15 ft of chain and watch the boat drift across the lake....after 4-5 tries they finally snagged something.
By noon the place was almost full. There was a slight breeze, enough to keep me cool while I played video editor and moved all our movies and TV programs onto our new 750 gig HD. About an hour ago I ventured up to see what was going on....Was 92+ below....even hotter up top....decks were frying pan temperature. I sprayed down the decks so I could stow some stuff in the garage. All the boats were anchored with people on the water....here comes this lady pulling 3-4 kids on a tube...through the anchorage. Wonder if we will make the national news when she chops up someone in the water. Now I know where all those idiots on the Charter boats come from. Well I checked the batteries and its time to charge....which means I go below...start up the genset...turn on the A/C and ignore the idiots. I wll give you all a update during the week....but now I'm starting Happy Hour early.












What an Idiot!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul