Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hot Hot Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thur June 12 1:45pm I know it's been hot all around the US but South Florida in the summer is hell. The last 3 days were in the low 90's with high humidity...even hotter down below on the boat. If there was wind I could live with the heat but the wind has been less than 5 knots. At night still in the low 80's...Have not been doing my boat chores, just too damn hot. Have been working on getting our TV and movies onto the new HD. I have been running the genset about 11-3 charging the batteries and running the AC. I put the dye in the main engine so I could look for the coolant leak...but too hot down their to look for it after running the engine. I also needed to replace the water pump impeller on the main as it has been running hot. So this AM I got down their early (8AM) and started with the pump. I think the design engineer that put the pump where it is should spend at least 3 months replacing the impeller all day every day with my back..... My bet is they would find a better way. Of course after getting the old impeller out I didn't remember which way the blades were going. I got out the manual...2 hrs later back together. Also followed the book on cleaning the turbo...never beeen done before...will see if it makes a difference tomorrow when I motor back down to pick up Joyce. Guess I'll be getting hassled by the Lauderdale boat cops. My plan is to get Joyce tomorrow night...provision on Saturday and leave Sunday. If there is no wind we might just go up to West Palm and wait for the wind....no hassels up there. Well back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul