Sunday, August 17, 2008

My "doggie" fix....

I love dogs. I keep teasing Paul that we should get one...chocolate lab...yellow lab...chesapeake bay retreiver. Puppies are so fun...and dogs are wonderful...they can be a great advantage security wise...even on a boat. But, then, reality is...that there really is no room...or truly no time on this boat for a dog. Living on "the hook" as we usually do means that to take the dog to the "restroom" we would have to dingy to shore at least twice a day...and that would be once the puppy (or dog) was potty trained! What a nightmare!!!! So while we were in Seattle visiting my family and kids....my doggie fix....
This is my mom's dog...Paloma. It means dove in Spanish.
A much longer story, but I brought her home from Zihuatanejo with me as a puppy two years ago for my mom....in fact it was a worker that I had working at my condo that named her....
I had her with me in my condo in Z for three weeks before I flew back to the U.S. with her...she is the sweetest dog in the world...very much like her owner...my mom...
And, then there is Chloe...my oldest daughter's dog...she is also a very sweet dog...and very loving....definately a one person dog...although she seemed to like Paul....And, then there is my son's dog...Annie...a very sweet dog as well...somewhat shy.... yet loves the outdoors and my son...wanting attention so very much...especially from my son...And then my youngest daughter's dog...Abu...also a very sweet dog...very loving...and wanting to always be by my daughter's side...no other person will do...


It's interesting to note...my entire family has dogs....and their dogs breed and dogs personalities speak volumes about them...sweet and loving...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul