Monday, December 8, 2008

Contrast Indeed

I’m headed to Seattle Wednesday. I get to see my youngest daughter graduate from college on Saturday…I am so very excited for her and so very proud of her! As a part of the trip “home”, I chose to take all three of my kids (okay…they are now young adults) on a snow ski vacation at Schweitzer (please pray for snow!). From the 85 degrees of Sint Maarten (the Dutch side…probably pretty much the same as St Martin – the French side), to the truly freezing of the Idaho ski slopes. But, I do love skiing; especially with my children…and, I do love warmth…indeed a contrast!

Dennis is headed home on Thursday but officially left the boat yesterday…we will so MISS HIM!!! He and Paul will hopefully have one night out together after I leave to reminisce, back slap, guy talk, and have one last bonding time. So, UD from my perspective – may I say….what a true and real JOY you were to have aboard! You and Paul had such a great time together…“yacking” until all hours while one (or the other of you) was on “watch”…the thinking out of boat issues…the working together on boat issues with the majority of the physical aspect of working on the boat issues on your shoulders…and, of course, the drinking after retiring from the fixing of the boat issues. No matter what you two did together, there was mutual respect for each other. And of course there were the “little” things like your humor (ha ha ha)…your choice for your “office” on the boat. You were able to call the Captain a “prick” with a lightheartedness that was so enjoyed by both of us (I’m talking you and I here – Ha ha ha). You see, I sometimes refer to “it” as “his charm” - either way you look at it…it is a five letter word!!! So, from your helpfulness with the “water in the fuel” or “fuel in the water” discussions…to your help with Paul drinking his water, your lighthearted contributions were so wonderful! I will take the step…and say…from both of us…we had such fun with you onboard Denny!!! And, somehow, I’m not sure this blog truly will convey to you how grateful we are for your company on this trip….and how much your continued friendship will be in our hearts….thank you.

1 comment:

  1. AS I write this, I sit in the lobby of the hotel staring down on Lady H at anchor, proud with her USMC flag; a true thoroughbred, tugging at the snubber, impatient for the next adventure. Both joy and sadness fills my heart. Since I feel like I was the winner in this, and after reading your kind words, I guess I must accept that somehow we all won here. Your superlatives describe someone else.
    Regardless, thank you for pushing me one step closer to living my dream. (BTW, WHO is that man crawling about Lady H's decks right now?) Hi Paul!!

    Have a great cruise. - All my love and respect...UD

    ReplyDelete

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul