Thursday, December 4, 2008

Well...did we have power Scotty??

ThurDec 4th 4:52 pm.... Yes we did have power and the prop turned....we anchored for the night and powered into the lagoon the next Am..Dennis and I went to check in....I was wondering why there were no boats in the Lagoon....ususally there is 150-175 boats anchored on the inside.....upon entrance to the customs office we read the new regulations...a boat our size would have to pay $60 US to use the draw bridge...the big boat rates were over 500 bucks...no the would not let me go back and anchor on the outside....damn.....St Maartin off my list of places to stop...seems everyone is now on the French side....we will find out tomorrow when we sail over. Once on the inside...we scoped out the area....The boat stores were in the same place...to my dismay there was no free or pay internet...we have to go into a bar...and drink....bummer...here now with a few beers in me...
Once on the inside Dennis and I checked out the transmission...yep...seawater and transmission fluid make a product not unlike strawberry yogurt.....yuck......On Monday we dinked over to buy what we thought we needed...by Tue...another trip and 300 bucks later we think we have everything we need. We had stopped at the Yanmar shop....guy said the part we wanted was 485.00 bucks but Budget Marine might have what we need... with all our stuff we went back to the boat. Dennis has volunteered to do the grunt work to save my back.. Upon taking everything apart....we had a mess...Happy hour disrupted our work cycle...to be finished today. This am we put everything together...a few fupahs...but in the end it worked....we had a few small leaks but everything worked. It was interesting to see how Amel had used 3-4 diffewrent diameters of hose

1 comment:

  1. Posted from Pelican Resort, St. Maarten, by Third Mate (Temp) Dennis

    I cannot tell everyone who reads this what a wonderful experience this 1400 mile trip has been for me. Gale force + winds, big seas, tremendous sailing, and putt-putt motoring when the winds died; and all under the tutelage of Paul and with Joyce taking care of me like I was one of her own. An incredible adventure for this old, fat, worn-out PR*CK! P & J, I cannot thank you enough for this wonderful opportunity, and a great vacation trip to another exotic (we finally did see a palm tree!) location, whilst everyone at home freezes their buns off. You have shown me how to do it and boosted my confidence so that, in some way, shape, or fashion, I shall do it! Annah Foster ain’t Lady H, (although I do have an icemaker) but we shall head off soon, and even put the sails up getting there. One day, I promise, you will see me at some foreign anchorage, God willing.

    Thank you both so much. All my love to you both. I shall remember you for the rest of my life. Have a great voyage.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul