Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hard Act to Follow

Thur Dec 18 11:27 am AST Wow...looks like Joyce will have a hard time getting use to our little "53" feet of boat after staying in that castle. Sounds like a good time was had by all.
Back down here in the warm (86 deg) sunny Caribbean the Capt has been working on his boat chores. Upon removing the defective autopilot drive from over the sink in the galley, a small screw fell out of the unit. Well it was going to cost me $550 to get the unit repaired so what the hell I took it apart. Seems 2 screws had become loose and were the cause of the problem..3 1/2 hrs later and damn...it worked. I did a load of laundry and went in the the pastry store to celebrate...they serve beer too....Yesterday AM I tackled my most unfavored job of changing the oil and filters on the main and genset. I think the designer of the main engine should be forced to change the filter on his engine for 2 months straight. Maybe then they would not mount it on the side of the block to make it almost impossible to change without spilling 2 cups of black oil into the bilge. Of course when pouring in the new, the jug falls over spilling another few cups...damn... This am I did another 2 loads of laundry while equalizing the batteries....looks like this will be a 3 week cycle, would have gone longer but fuel is getting low and I don't want to buy any here at $4 plus a gallon. Should be cheaper in St Croix where they make it.
Internet here has been a pain in the butt. Had 1 provider...well it's a French thing....then moved the boat so I could get this (pastry shop) connection....but when the boat swings I loose the signal...Have not been able to talk with the Admiral for the last 3-4 days. I came in to call her on Skype..but forgot the damn plug adapter for the damn frenchie plugs. Will get as much as possible done till the battery dies. Then Back tot he boat to CLEAN....the Lady has been a guy boat for the last week..... She is in need of that special "Lady" touch.....battery gave me the 1st beep...no pics cause our photographer has been off the boat as seen in the last post.... Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul