Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sometimes the cold is worth it....

Spending time with my mom is always a joy...and our few days together before flying to Pullman was just that! It began snowing just a few hours before the plane touched down Friday afternoon. My oldest daughter and I went hurrying into the cover of the airport where my youngest daughter was waiting for us! So WONDERFUL to get the hugs and see her!! I got a message on my cell phone from the ski resort that the hot tub was not working in the condo I had reserved for us. I received input from the "kids" and sure enough we decided to change to another condo that was offered to us...they said it was a bit smaller but the hot tub worked! By Saturday morning Pullman was FREEZING cold. The streets were snow covered and all the people that had driven in for graduation were slipping and sliding up the Pullman hills! Now I normally don't/won't post pictures of my kids...but I am so very proud of them and proud of their relationship with each other...so this blog is for/to them....We got there just fine in my son's new truck! Graduation for my daughter was wonderful...I am so very proud of her! Here she is after her "walk" getting congratulations from and shaking the President of WSU's hand....My son needed to get back to work after the ceremony...so my daughters and I went around campus taking pictures of the new graduate and.... then one of all three of us!Sunday mid-morning we packed up my son's truck and headed up to Schweitzer Mountain Ski Resort! With the snowy and icy roads it took us almost 5 hours. My son's new truck has a temperature guage...and as we were driving up the final mile to the resort...NEGATIVE 4 degrees!!! Oh heavens!!! Yes, we had to get out of the warm truck to check in...we got mighty cold as it was also VERY windy...AND when we got to the front desk we found out that the pipes had frozen in the unit that we were to be in so they had put us in yet another unit!! Let's just say...third time is a "charm"!! I will include some pictures of this million dollar house that we were so blessed to reside in for four days!! Monday was so windy that the resort did not even operate the lifts...oh, darn...I guess we just had to relax and enjoy our surroundings...read....hot tub and sauna....of course baking our family traditional Christmas cookies...and a family picture!!! This is not the lodge...this was our fireplace...Sunrise over Lake Pend Oreille...view from the big screen t.v. room...


The big screen t.v. room...
Looking from the living room to the t.v. room....
Good Morning view of Lake Pend Oreille from our "condo"...The dining room and kitchen...The living room...One of the bedrooms...there are three full queen size with adjoining bathrooms...and one large bedroom with two bunkbeds...that is where I slept the first two nights! I almost felt like checking each bed for comfort before I slept...something like the three bears story...but alas...I chose one and "went with it"!Two of the bathrooms have jetted tubs...one has the sauna...The floors are all pine plankings, rock slate, and some tile (in two of the bathrooms). They ALL have hydronic heating so while, yes, the toilet seat is cold, my feet were nice and WARM!!Tuesday morning my oldest had to catch her flight back to Seattle. The strong gusty winds had finally subsided, the sun was out...Yes, it was still bitterly cold...but we decided to go up to the village, rent skis and hit the slopes! How fun it was to be skiing again! Only one run was open...but for us after so many years of not skiing...it was perfect!And the next day skiing too.... Then of course there had to be some shopping...And...this is Bernie (the hat)...My son and daughter in Pullman will have "custody" of him/her...waiting patiently for our next ski vacation. You see I lost my "dorky hat"...as Paul use to call it...so do you think Paul would allow this one on the boat with us?? Truly a wonderful ski vacation with my children...one I will cherish...we laughed together...we cried together...we were together...sometimes the cold is worth it...

I love you guys soooooo much!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul