Thursday, October 15, 2009

Short update....

Have I told you that there are hills on our walk? There are now six ladies that are walking in the morning. Anne and I usually lead the pack AND we did see the crazy guy one day! Of course that day I didn't bring my camera! And more important he didn't do anything to upset any of us!
This home is on the "other side" of the road going through the town...
Pigs...dogs...chickens...all are free range...and I did take today off from walking...I have a blister on one of my small toes and hope that with a day of rest...I will be back off and walking!!
So this is Guatemala from a car window...it is a beautiful country!Pam, Karlene and I (girls day out) went to Puerto Barrios for a day at the mall (thank you Pam for your safe driving) and we were hoping for a little bit of time on a beach, too. Our constraint was to be back to Pam's boat during the daylight so that I could dingy back to the marina that Paul's boat is in safely. The Rio is not to be on at night!I was suprised at the size of the mall...about 1/2 the size of Sea-Tac Mall in the Federal Way area...but larger than I had thought...and a lot of stuff available. Very nice grocery store...electronics store...shoe stores...clothes stores...ice cream stores (and I didn't even have any)! Then we began driving around the town looking for the road to the beach...
These homes were not that far from the mall....
And we never did find the beach...Free range everything...all around the town...horses were everywhere. There was actually a small group of kids playing soccer on this middle of the town soccer field. We were talking about taking a few of the horses back with us...we could not see any brands or other way of knowing who they really belong to!We all had our picture taken with this American gentleman...And, sorry ladies...I'm a goose/gander type of gal...but there were no male models at the open air market where I bought my new (to me) shirt for 2 Q's or 25 cents U.S. I'll keep an eye out! And, again, thank you Pam...for your excellent swift driving...we got back to her boat as the sun was going down...and I was back to Paul's boat before dark!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul