Saturday, October 10, 2009

1 step forward, 3 steps back

Oct 10th 7:45 am Rio Dulce
I write this while Joyce and the girls are on their AM walk. Yesterday the Fridge guy came by. He had been down on Jeff's boat ... the other Amel here at Mario's. Jeff also had an A/C unit go down. Manfred (very efficient and competent German) quickly diagnosed the freezer as KAPUT. I guess I would be tired too if I had been running almost constantly for 6 years. Guess I'm going to face reality....more stuff is going to be breaking as components start to come to the end of their useful life. Well this one is going to cost $1435 USD. Not that bad out in the middle of Central America. Good news on the aft A/C...compressor ok, but there is an electrical problem...which Manfred referred to Marcus (another knowledgable German who works on the River) We will suffer a little longer with no A/C till he comes by. I did manage to replace the muffler on the main engine that melted last June. The can of beans I had used to splice the exhaust hose was still fuctional ....I ran the engine for 1/2 hr...all was well for once. Well, ... back to our long list of boat chores.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul