Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It could become a habit...again...

Yes, off to Denny's beach we went again! Carol and I from Mario's Marina, Pam, a couple that were guests staying at Kangroo, and Trent, the son of the owner of Kangroo's restaurant/hotel. It is a fur piece dingy ride...so Carol, Pam and I dingyed up to Kangroo and then Trent took us all in the Kangroo runabout.This gelding looked amost identical to the one I got to ride again!!We mounted up and down the trail next to the lake.FOUR kids on this horse?? And only a rope off one side for control!! Carol, Pam and the lady staying at Kangroo (I forgot her name)...she was riding a TWO year old mare...Again, Pam took a lot of pictures (I know you like this mom)...this one of "my" white gelding (who Pam has guesstimated to be around 6 years old - by teeth) going up one of the rocky slopes!It was a working day...This picture Pam took is so cute..."my" little gelding looking back and wondering why the heck I stopped him when everyone else was going down the slope...these are not sour horses...they can lead OR follow...and sometimes they do pick their OWN trail!THIS was the picture I was taking...normal ho-hum views for him (my gelding - don't even know what his name is) but absolutely beautiful every time I see it!!All of us going through the gate...The bat caves...Pam and "her" little mare...also around 6 years old. Pam at home in her own saddle! I have been watching this mare and I would love to take her HOME!Beautiful cattle...Riding along the crest of one of the hills...Look at the way this mare watches her trail!!!And, here...these trails are difficult! This day they were A LOT slicker...mud deeper (to their bellies in one spot)...and yet these horses quietly do their job!Look how sweet she is!!! Pam too...as she decided to walk the mare down some of this rocky path!
Through the village...A village home...Four hours of riding...in beautiful Guatemalan back countryside!!! Back to the lake...where the owners of "my" gelding were waiting at Denny's Beach to pick him up and take him home. These horses make trail riding so very enjoyable...that, yes...riding could become a habit...again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul