Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Life on a Sweet River

Well, FINALLY...we will be getting off of the river!!!At least that is the plan for today! Yes, Paul made arrangements for us to be tipped over the bar 5ish in the afternoon today, Tuesday December 30th on high tide. First thing this morning we will take the Lady H over to town...anchor off and go in for some fresh fruits and veggies. Then Paul wants to fuel up at RAM and down the river we will go! We will make a "passage" of it...continue as far as the weather will let us...to either Utila or Roatan, Honduras. Ah, what's a little sleep anyway! And, yet...we've waited so long that I have kind of grown accustomed to things here...up the Rio Dulce! So I guess I will mention some of the things that I will miss most.... I will miss the absolute gorgeous countryside... I will miss these very wonderful horses...I will miss talking with REAL cats (and Radar, the dog)...now people will think I'm crazy talking to Sootie Two...
I will miss watching the day to day happenings on the river...I will miss the quietness of living on the river...
Maybe even miss all of the birds...
I will miss a very good friend that I have met here...
I will miss these kids...Guatemalan version of a lemonade stand?
Remember when WE were kids?
Oh, I won't miss the rain....not that it matters...because no matter where we go...there will be rainy days....I will miss the five Q shirts and dresses...the trips to Puerto Barrios (thank you Pam)... and trips to Morales (thank you Pam and Al#2).... I will miss the markets...

So Hasta Luego...sweet river...God willing, and we hope the creek does rise (Paul's boat is a 7 foot draft)...it will make it easier to cross the bar when we return...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul