Thursday, January 28, 2010

Just More Diving....

Sometimes I wonder why I got started scuba diving back when I was living in Zihuatanejo...Actually this is me now...(thank you Jami)....It wasn't necessarily a guy...as some might think. Yes, I was going to cruise down the Pacific Coast to Costa Rica at that time...and I remember thinking that with everything you hear about Costa Rica diving...I should scuba dive there. But, I really think it was that one of my friends at that time, Ann (who is still living in Zihuatanejo) and I were going to take the classes together with some cruisers that I had met...and I thought we had gotten a good deal price wise. Ann and I had talked about doing a few "crazy" things together...this was going to be one of them.
Peacock Flounder.........
Unfortunately Ann caught a cold so did not end up taking the class but I went ahead as planned (I don't believe that Ann has learned yet). I have always taken an underwater camera with me...and still have pictures of my first moments underwater.
Maybe that is why I continue to enjoy taking pictures of others taking their first breaths under water too...and actually this is Jami congratulating his student on completeting his Open Water Scuba Certification water skills. When Paul learned (wow, almost two years ago now)...I decided that I wanted to take my scuba diving to the next level to assist us in our travels...and our diving together...which lead to the next level...and now to the PADI Instructor level that I currently have. I have gone from seeing the big things of diving... to the very very small things of diving all as wonderous and worth taking pictures of!I guess what I'm saying is...that it has been fun and reflective to accompany Jami on some of his training dives...and of course bringing my (small) camera! I even mentioned to Jami the other day about enjoying the buoyancy courses that some places have and look what he found for me on Roatan!! Yes, I know it is the little things!!So Ann...I don't even know if you keep up on this blog...I haven't emailed you in forever...but it was you who agreed to learn to scuba dive with me in the first place that got me started...so if you still want to learn to scuba dive...let me know...for me...it's more pictures...it's more watching people learn to enjoy breathing underwater...it's just more diving...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul