Monday, January 25, 2010

Good News and Jello...

A good friend of ours that follows our blog...and is a cruiser too...has said something about his plans being made out of Jello! I bring this up as in the last blog I shared our plans that we were going to be on our way to Colon right now...and yet...today...we are still tied up at the dock here in Roatan! So the good news is I was able to observe Jami as he taught scuba skills to another cruiser yesterday...
It was wonderful to watch as Jami patiently guided his student to her first breaths under water!
And then, he and I got to go on a short dive to the wall again...this is the DC-9...we passed it quickly to get to the wall again...the visability is getting MUCH better...so I have pictures (okay, only some of you think the pictures are good news)...The wall again...
Yes, me under the wall...(thank you Jami). I only took the small camera because I need to take the time to figure out what is going on with the flash on the big one...
This wall is absolutely beautiful...
And, once again...the pictures do not show the artwork present here...
But...I'm going to keep trying to share it with you...Peacock Flounder on our way back...A little guy I was watching as we did our 3 minute safety stop......
This barracuda was brought to our attention when a snorkler came swiming very fast above us and motioned to us with his arms...we both thought there might be something wrong...we followed him...and found this guy just resting. So I could mention our current plans...but, I must be hungry...because I'm thinking...now doesn't that sound really good right now...jello??? Then again maybe I'm just missing opening my mom's fridge and having cold jello always there! My mom makes the BEST Jello...I love you mom!!...

2 comments:

  1. It is quite an honor to be quoted in a world famous sailing and diving blog. I feel.....well, overwhelmed. (At least you could have credited my name, though!)
    Your pictures continue to amaze me. Whether on land or undersea, you always have the "eye" for the right shots. Amazing.
    Love to you both - "Chiseled in Jello" Doak

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny Dennis!! And, think about this...you have now opened the flood gates...YOU WILL be "credited" by name where credit is due from here on!! And, thank you...I really enjoy taking the pictures...glad they are enjoyed!! Better get that sailboat moving before the garden on the bottom gets too large! Love to you!
    Joyce (and Paul)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul