Sunday, March 27, 2011

Life aboard has changed ...Mizzen

Sunday March 27th 11:19am We (Mizzen and I ) have been back a week now. Joyce gave me last Sunday off to rest up after the trip down from Atlanta. Monday, I started off with my 4 wheeler and did a lap around the island. Tue, I was going to do the pool but it was green and being drained....so I finished the day with another lap around the island.....not a good idea...have been paying for it ever since. I am walking better...better balance, but still have back pain from the October surgery....getting there , just slowly. The boat has been taken over by Mizzen. Cat toys everywhere. She has 2 speeds ....full speed ahead or sound asleep. This kitten has ATDD attention toy deficit disorder.....she plays with 1 toy with 1 foot and another with her mouth and other foot.....eats like a horse....loves yogurt...and is now in control of the boat and it's owners. We have after much deliberation decided to stay here (here being Roatan, Honduras) this hurricane season. As soon as we get stuff fixed and the boat cleaned up, we will put the Lady H up for sale. After the last surgery I can no longer look up to trim the sails...it will be easier to sell here than up the Rio. Direct flights from Atlanta or Houston for those interested buyers.....if we can find any in this market...thank you obama....Our neighbor, Jim and Norma are doing the same. They have bought a car and are applying for residency. I think we will do the same. After cruising the Caribbean for the last 30 yrs, I have not found any place that has what Roatan has....yes there are some more beautiful, but no stores or supplies. Some less expensive, but then nothing to spend your money on. The people are friendly, the Marina has a great social scene, something happening almost daily....and some of the best diving in the Caribbean....makes for a happy Joyce. Cat is now asleep...me...I need to do a few chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul