Friday, May 13, 2011

My favorite color....

Queen Triggerfish
 The Blogger has been down for a few days...and, now there is a new format that might take a little while for me to get use to...so please bear with me.  Even though I haven't gone diving since Mother's Day I thought I could/would at least update the blog on four of the great dives that I had enjoyed before.  I took the Fantasy Island dive boat for the first three dives...when I first started going diving with them I had commented to Nelson that I really wanted to find a yellow Seahorse...and as you could see on previous blogs...a Seahorse or two...but no yellow ones.  I'll also say that I left the Olympus DSLR back in Seattle, the room in the carry on instead was used for smoked salmon for Capt Paul.  I had the Canon, and thought that I really wouldn't miss the Olympus...well I was wrong!  So while there are pictures I'm not thinking they are the best...ahhhh...but that just means that I'll have to keep diving when we get back with my better camera to try to get just the right shots...difficult...but somebody has to do it!   Anyway back to the first of the four dives...to Pirates Point...a beautiful dive...abundant fans and corals...Banded Coral Shrimp...a Nassau Grouper that traveled with us on the dive...a turtle (finally)...and a White Spotted Filefish (Orange Phase)...yep...pictures...but not in the right order...and can't fix them!!








So this might be more difficult than I had originally thought...not sure I like the blogger changes...but moving on to the second dive to Calvins Crack again (see a previous blog diving with Stan and son).  It seems a lot of the Seahorses had moved on...or hidden better...can't say as I blame them with all the pictures being taken of them...Pillar Coral...bubbles coming out the top of the crack 45 feet or so...then leaving the crack at 85 plus feet (I took a video of the gentleman in front of me...originally from  Europe...as he stirred up the sand in front of me with his fins...something the divemaster had specifically reminded the divers NOT to do...Padi...interested in a DO NOT DO THIS video?...but can't figure out how to upload it here!!)  To the wall...onto the plateau again and the only little critter to be found this day...oh, except for the Toadfish...who would only show his face!





To the Half Moon Bay dive site...and as of right now I'll say one of my favorite dive sites... 
Juvenile Spotted Drum...
A gorgeous striped Seahorse...

Pederson Cleaning Shrimp...
And, then there he/she was...my favorite color...I took a few pictures then swam away to give the other divers a look and picture opportunity...then the divemaster moved on...but the group of five (European guys) stayed on with this beautiful creature...and disturbed him into moving...sometimes I really dislike divers!!!
Yellow-line Arrow Crab inside sponge...
A Grey Angelfish that wanted it's picture taken....
And, on our return...he/she had found a different spot...and the best news...the 5 guys were too far back to see we had stopped again for only a moment so they missed him/her on their return!
I really want to find out more about them now...they are so beautiful!!
To our 3 minute safety stop that took 10 minutes or so...and this Greater Soapfish...very unusual find!!
And through some of the open crevices...So those were the three with the Dive boat...then Ellen (s/v Patience) and I went diving to Mr Bud...
Along the wall...
Giant Barrel Sponge and Sea Fans...
Yellow Pencil Coral...
A very curious French Angelfish....
The pilothouse of this sunken ship was obviously HIS/HERS...
And, I missed this entirely on the first dive to the wreck...
Ellen having some fun...
It was a very fun and relaxing dive.  But, Ellen and Cal left the next day on their journey up the Rio!  Another good dive buddy gone!! So yes, back to my favorite color...since I could remember...yellow has been my favorite color and now combining the sea, and the horse...well can't get much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul