Friday, June 10, 2011

Schooled....humbled...and, honored...


Yes, I have been schooled and humbled! 
By this couple...diving with me at Mary's Place. Capt Paul use to tease me over two years ago  about spending a lot of time using my fish/creature/coral id books to look up all the beautiful and fun stuff I would take pictures of.  He may have even mentioned it in a blog or two way back!  With no one to bounce the id's off of...well...really, I should just watch more carefully to whom I give the blog address to!  Ha ha ha!  I won't go back too far on the blog to correct any mis-identifications...but yes, humbly, I did change Puddingwifes to Parrotfish (previous blog).  Now, there are some things that are easy to id... 
like the Banded Coral Shrimp that live in the sponges along the wall at Mary's Place. 
A Butter Hamlet...then just a beautiful look at what we dive through...A look at some of the beautiful sponges and corals...on to a mix of pictures taken from the many dives we have enjoyed together this week. A Yellowline Arrow Crab...a couple of big something-or-others (hows that for id) scooting by...Green Moray...Green Moray...Queen Triggerfish...Scrawled Cowfish...Flamingo Tongue...Glassy Sweeper...Juvenile/Intermediate Spotted Drum...Ocean Surgeonfish/Doctorfish/Blue Tang/one lonely Parrotfish (covered all my bases here!!)...Permit being followed by a Bar Jack...Nassau Grouper....And, while I could not find them a Tophat (another story altogether)...a Seahorse (except for Steve on the back dock)...I was able to find them plenty of Green Moray's!  Even one as we went through Calvins Crack!  French Angelfish kissing?  Is it in the water?  Or fish see...people do?  Sadly (for me) they sailed (well motored actually) out this morning heading for the Rio Dulce.  The moral of this blog is that I have been schooled and humbed...yet honored.  From now on WHEN I choose to identify something...you can BET that I will be triple checking that I am correct...OR, I will generically id it...because those in the "know" are watching!  I will add that I am honored that they might continue to read the blog...and very happy to have met them and shared some great diving with them!

2 comments:

  1. Happy to see that you're posting your great photos again Joyce. Did Cap't Paul give in or are you being your usual defiant self?;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Defiant? Me? There is just such a thing as deaf ear...he has taught me well!! And, thanks Jerry!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul