Friday, June 24, 2011

Some Wow's....

We are at my mom's house now...well, I've been at my sister's for the last two days.  And, speaking of my sister...

Capt Paul and I had arrived at the Seattle airport and I had gotten Capt Paul and our carry on luggage (including Mizzen) down to the pickup curb.  There were THREE lanes of cars parked...waiting for people to arrive.  Usually the police keep the "waiting" parked cars to only one lane...but that night it had grown to the three lanes...basically out of control!  I walked between the parked cars, a tad animated, and spoke aloud of how the cars that are not loading should not be in the way of those that are loading...and an older gentleman approached me.  He said, "Anne"....to which I responded "no?"...yet I looked at him very closely as that is one of my sisters names.  Then he proceeded to name my brother, my other sister, me, our last name (my maiden name) and told me his name.  I was drawing a complete blank.  Because of his look (remember, I mentioned he was an older gentleman) and I could not place him, I pointed to my mom waiting in the car and said...oh, then you must know my mom...to which he graciously went out to my mom's car and introduced himself saying, "I took a Algebra class with your daughter, Joyce, in high school"!  He followed me over to the curb and I then introduced him to Capt Paul (still with no memory of him).  I thanked him for recognizing me (I considered that to be a big WOW) but admitted to him that I still could not place his name or him! I continued to get luggage from the airport to the car and off we went to my mom's house.   So, the above could be interpolated a few different ways!  I've decided the way I'm going to share with you is of course...WOW...I must look the same as I did in high school...because HE RECOGNIZED ME!

So...got to see my oldest daughter...make plans with my youngest daughter...talk more than a few times with my VERY busy son, and, have just had a couple of wonderful days with my sister.  Yesterday my sister and I went to lunch with my girlfriend...and we had such a wonderful sisterly...laughing time!  More wow...I'm feeling pretty blessed right now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul