Friday, September 30, 2011

As the US government squanders our money

Friday Sept 30 7:47am
I'm trying to keep my blood pressure down as I watch reports on Fox. Was reading about this almost unknown off balance sheet Federal Bank that obama is using to fund pet projects of his and his cronies. Billions being spent with no over-site by Congress. This next election will be our last chance to get our country back from George Soros and progressive radicals.....wake up America,,,,,ok.....off the soap box.
We are preparing the boat to go back out on the hook. Spent time in the engine room yesterday fixing a diesel leak. Wednesday, Norma took me shopping,,,,,,damn...5000 limps poorer.....but stocked up on heavy stuff that we (Joyce) would have to carry and haul back in the dink. Bought 3 gallons of oil to change gen-set and main engines.. .damn stuff was 25 bucks a gallon. All comes down from the US.
The front head motor died last week.... was able to find 1 on Ebay for about 50% off, will take about 3 weeks to get here... we missed today's cut off for the boat... damn...... 3 of us using the same head..... Mizzen is doing pretty good ...she is on the green ring .....next step is the seat alone. She is going to be one BIG cat....I will try and get the picture hog to fins some of her when we arrived a month ago and now.
Most of the boats here will be leaving at the end of the month, most moving to the Roatan Yacht Club. It's a dump over in Old French Harbor. Docks suck, power is $1 an KW hr, $.60 a gallon for water, but the rent is cheap.... $250 a month. As I sit here and type this we are using 2.32 or $ 2.32 an hour...that would be about $1670 a month....there might be some wiggle room but too rich for me. Doug on a 68 footer uses twice that. We now pay $90 a month for power.
So all good things must come to the end. But the diving is great.... getting into the dink is a bitch...but I feel improvement but oh so slow. I try and walk over to what we call the trailer park on the other side of the island. Denny and some older boats that party more than this side of the island. My gait is improving but have rubber legs when I get back. Once on thee hook I will have to go into the shrimp dock for my walks.....can walk to Eldon's , buy a cold beer and walk back...that works...enough for today....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul