Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pennies....

I've always heard "a penny saved is a penny earned".  And, then there is "penny wise, pound foolish".  I'll let you decide...
I think Capt Paul mentioned on one of his blogs that the forward head does not work.  It was a casualty of not being exercised (used) for the little over two months of us being in the states.  Thankfully while Spencer was here...although it sounded awful...it continued working...then finally it quit.  Capt Paul did finally order another pump after weeks of trying to get the best deal...yes, you guessed it ebay...we'll see how long it takes to get here.  Now, here, I could mention that he bought a couple of pumps (not head pumps but for other reasons) while back in the states...yes, ebay...yet neither one made it back to the boat with us.  One he re-sold (wrong type) and one he sent back to the seller.  So, anyway, back to the present...there are three of us using the aft head.  Yes, we have to include Mizzen.  About a month ago...just a few days after we returned to the boat, I mentioned to Capt Paul that I thought it was leaking. I was told "no it's fine". I would mention it off and on...and would be told..."no it's fine". Then it started to sound funny...and again I sounded the alarm to him.  I mentioned that perhaps he should have bought two head pumps...this time he stated..."I know what it is...it is just hairballs caught in it...it will be fine". That went on for a couple of weeks...with my alarm...and his same response. Ah...to this morning...where I wake up to a very sickly noise coming from the head and a black grease like substance coming from the "leak". Looks like I'll be walking up to the resort a little later!! So what do you think..."penny wise...or pound foolish"!  Oh, and I have finally gotten my website up... www.watertimes.org . Some great memories for us...pictures of a lot of different places you might enjoy!  It is a work in progress...check back often for more additions that I just haven't gotten uploaded yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul