Sunday, February 8, 2015

We are off on a new adventure...and finally warm!


Our Hawaiian Air flight was one hour late leaving the gate.  Inside the cabin it was FREEZING cold.  I  requested a blanket but was told that I could only BUY a blanket!  They were selling the blankets for $10.00!  I was not about to buy a blanket to add to my carry on luggage so instead I wore the only piece of clothing that we had in our carry-on… Capt Paul's pants…legs as sleeves!  Oh, yes…it kept me warm (enough) for the six hour flight... and it amused Capt Paul so much that he took a picture with his phone!  
There was a huge traffic jam once on the ground in Honolulu!  It took over an hour to get to the Courtyard Marriott Waikiki.  We never went to see the beach!   My first impression of the Waikiki area:  expensive…not impressed. I liked the Kona area better which included my visit to the Seahorse farm and diving with Manta's in 2013.  Of course we were only there for a one night stay and did not see any of the rest of the island so perhaps on another longer visit Waikiki could change my mind!  
 The next morning our Hawaiian Air flight had only around 100 (I overheard the headcount) people on an Airbus 320!  This flight was perfectly comfortable!  Not only was the temperature just about perfect…but the same flight attendant that had wanted me to buy a blanket the previous day came up to our seats and gave me two more blanket/pillows!  As she gave them to me…she smiled and said she wouldn't want to see me wear those pants again!  We all got a great laugh!  Long flight (9 hours) but I  got up a lot and even went to the two seats in front of us and curled up for awhile while Capt Paul snored!

Flight arrived 30 minutes early!  The ground staff were extremely helpful getting Capt Paul AND our luggage to a taxi!  No tips were necessary…in fact they refused the offer of a tip!  It was so wonderful to be greeted with such friendly and helpful people!  The taxi took us straight to the marina…and lo and behold after a call from the taxi driver to Capt Wayne…there he was!  With our luggage in a dock cart we followed Capt Wayne to his sailboat...Dances with Dragons... waiting patiently in a slip in Manly Marina, Queensland, Australia.
We are off on a new three month adventure... and finally warm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul