Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Putt putt from Fernandina Beach to St Augustine


We left Fernandina Beach at 7:30...no wind ....had a nice motor to St Augustine...guess I will have to ask some ditch diggers why the don't run on the outside on a day like this...they motor all day anyway..why not??
Lot's of shrimp boats out today....they like the shallow water around the inlets. ..seems the shrimp go in and out with the tide...see all the birds waiting for lunch....








Matt's Marine flag took a beating during the gale...guess I will have to replace it soon...Looks like it's been through a few wars. Joyce is trying out her green thumb. Going to see if we can grow some fresh herbs. The Capt is in need of some fresh stuff...dried isn't the same.


As we approached St Augustine I radioed the Bridge of Lions and asked what their raised height was...they say 80 feet...so we will go inside and anchor...this is the only bridge on the Intercoastal that the Lady can get under...all the other bridges are a standard 65 feet...we are 68 ft.....damn it looked like we were going to hit it.







The anchorage was crowded...we finally found a spot...a little closer than I liked......boat looked familiar...was a Frenchie from Quebec that I made move because he was too close to me over in the Bahamas last year..tried to get me to move ...told him we were fine as I had watched how the boats moved when the tide flipped..... I had called Starr, a friend I used to work with....seems his sister Debbie was visiting their parents and the were going to be in St Augustine this evening....Debbie called and we all met for a drink...small world...and now we have an invite for Turkey Day Dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul