Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hummingbirds

It's a travel day today...well, flying back to Baltimore kind of travel...so I'm up early...painfully early...two o'clock in the morning early. We actually have done a lot of traveling while here in the Seattle area - thanks to my mom and the use of her van. We have driven north/south from Tulare Beach out past Marysville to Lost Lake out past Olympia and Shelton...and west/east from Federal Way to Pullman 8 miles from the Washington/Idaho border. All of this within the 7 days of us being here on "vacation". I for one am very tired...but, I am also very happy. I have seen and been able to spend a short amount of time with each of my three children, my brother and brother's-in-law, my sisters and sister-in-law, and my mom. And, the hugs....ah, yes, the hugs.... While at my sister and brother-in-law's house on Lost Lake I became enthralled with the hummingbirds...and just as much so the hummingbird feeder...the reflection of the lake through the feeder....
With the new camera trying to get just the perfect shot... Balancing on tip-toes and not moving so that the hummingbirds would keep coming back for me to get more pictures...Taking pictures through the glass door...then, opening the door and waiting for them to return....If I were only a few inches taller....
If I could only stand still a little longer...Maybe the reflection of the lake through the feeder...well, it's much too early in the morning for piecing together those thoughts...but...thanks to my family for the wonderful (but much too short) visit...the wonderful (but much too short) hugs...I love you!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul