Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Yes…let the Drug companies make big profits off their drugs.

Oct 5 12
9:34 PM Rio Dulce Guatemala ..Sorry..no pics
Well we have been back almost a week and I have been successful in fixing 1 of 30 or more jobs. Boats do not like sitting…they want to be used daily and when not they get pissed and break by themselves. Other than the batteries being flat, the propane had all leaked out of the system, the bilge pump did not pump….the shore power transfer switch is screwed up, the large battery charger is on its last leg, generator has a serious problem, the aft A/C where we sleep has gone kaput, the freezer that had all the meat is down….. and full of rotten meat...for the last 5 days I have only repaired the propane…and that is not really right…can’t get the right parts down here. All this broken and it does not include the stuff that is broken that we brought parts down to fix. But Joyce did have her tea this AM. Saturday I attempted to reinstall the bilge pump only to break a fitting….nope…did not have a spare…into the dink we went…oh yea…the electric start does not work on the outboard…so I have to take off the cover and jump across the solenoid with a wrench to start it. Off we go to town to find a fitting. Walked 2/3 a mile to find that they close at noon… on Sat…. Damn….so no bilge pump till Monday, meaning we have to pump by hand… Same goes with the propane, in fact yesterday on her birthday Joyce had to go to the restaurant so they could heat up a pot of water for her. Tea….Needless to say I have spent hrs down in the engine room and back in the garage ( our aft storage)attempting to fix something….anything…This AM. we dinked down to RAM marina to check on our shipment from Seattle, not before I tested the water temp of the river…missed a step getting into the dink and into the river I went …Joyce screamed thinking I hit my head….as usual my fellow cruisers were on hand to help…no harm…no foul…just my pride. .Our box with another 250 lbs of 60 yds of upholstery, bimmini top and curtain material along with 150 bucks worth tools from Harbor Ft…(all china stuff) had arrived by container….yes duty free… tools all rust on a boat weather they are $100 or $5 bucks…..after a yr or so you pitch them cause of the rust. Joyce did her usual heavy lifting….I got the light stuff…(Hey I can go up steps now without holding on)….2 trips in Hugo and all was aboard. Joyce went up river to go to a Salsa dancing thingy after lunch…me back in the engine room to finally fix the bilge pump…not a great position for my back….even with the new drugs….Joyce returned about 1 ½ hrs later as I finished the pump…..we headed for the pool and the afternoon get together.. The pool is almost cold….great to bring the body temp down after time in the 96 deg engine room.
Back to the subject of this entry. I have now been on this Cymbalta stuff for almost 3 weeks….read this AM on line, that most people do not see an effect for 2 weeks and complete effects for 4 weeks…..as I sit here finishing this at 12:50 AM Oct 8th my pain is down 70-80%. I still need a percocet now and then….but this is a life style changer…I have not seen pain levels this low in 10 yrs…SO as I sit here with one of the suckie side effects…insomnia…..life for me is better thanks to one of those evil drug companies that make obscene profits making life bearable for someone in severe chronic pain. Joyce still forbids me lifting anything more than a 6 pack, but the positions needed to make some of our repairs in the last week would have had me into the percocet big time. I did in fact call my MD just to thank him…and another thanks to the evil drug companies….. So get off the backs of the drug companies….In the US . this drug would cost almost $300 hundred bucks a month…and your insurance would pay for most, if not all of it…..but since I’m on the government option now..(Medicare,) I can’t afford the damn stuff so I will be ordering it online from India for about 1/3 the cost while you all back in Obamaland let the government screw with your healthcare. One last question, Name me 1 government run program that is efficient and not over budget, corrupt and/or bankrupt? If these clowns get control of healthcare…there will be no wonder drugs….why would a company spend billions without some expectation of profit??? Opps . that is capitalism…an evil word in this political environment.
It’s now pushing 1:30AM…yes I type slow…I look forward to a wonderful cruising year with Joyce here on the Lady H,,,,we are going to slow down this year and enjoy ourselves…diving, sailing and…me drinking some rum…nite nite

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul