Monday, January 18, 2010

Diving and Mexican Train Dominos

Saturday we took a cab over to West End for a couple of different reasons! Paul's used computer had been delivered to a friend (and part owner of West End Divers). He really wanted to get his new computer up and running! So...since we had to be on the West End...diving...!

Although because I had a whole suitcase of diving stuff to take over...I only took my small camera...
The case keeps the water out...but the zoom function no longer works on the case.
We went to Fish Den...a dive site that we did not go to last year when we were here.
Paul had had his mask stolen in Belize so he was using his old mask...then a lens popped out at the beginning of the dive so he had to use a spare that West End Divers always leave on the boat!
It was a very fun dive...Paul really loves the crevice diving with sandy bottoms...perhaps because he can look for lobster easier?
The weather for the day was quiet, sunny and beautiful...made me wish I had taken some pictures when we were over on that side of the island when the northerly was coming through. Unbelievable that it was the same area...and that the diving visability was as good as it was!
Only a little bit of sand left on this brain coral....
We both were certainly enjoying the dive....up and down through the crevices....the dive instructor/leader was wonderful...and as we were getting to the most beautiful parts of the dive...with the most fish and variety when...my camera battery went completely blank!
Then, when we got back to the boat...I REALLY wanted to download my dive profile onto the computer from my dive computer...but it seems I can't find the usb dive cable anywhere on the boat...ARGHHHHH!
And, then I found that I had not gotten our regulators packed back up in our stuff!!! Boy, was I upset...until I got the call...that sure enough our stuff had been put away safe after we had left it! Whew!!! Thankfully, I'm done with everything that went wrong...on the day...I think that's enough...and I'd rather remember the diving!!
Hopefully we will get our regulators today (or tomorrow) with the last of packages...And I meant to get a picture of all of us playing Mexican Train Dominos yesterday...the only thing to interrupt us was these cute little guys again...picture moments of mom and baby.....They will come down out of the trees to take food out of your hand and Anne had brought some chips...And, Jeanie knows I always take my camera with me...she mentioned that she had seen these little critters...so on the walk back to the boat just had to take a few...Oh, and for all...we have learned some new rules for Mexican Train Dominos...and even have been keeping score! This time Paul was the lucky one with MTD...he won...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul