Saturday, January 23, 2010

Plans....

I took a cab over to West End again to pick up our regulators...and of course take another dive while there...I was so excited that with carrying only my dive stuff I would be able to take my big camera! Paul was staying on the boat to repair the sump pump. Again, with West End Divers. They are such a great group! Our dive was to Turtle Crossing...another dive site that we had not gone to last year when we were here...
You will notice that these pictures are all of the West End area....
I had forgotten to change out the lens to the one that fits into the underwater case!!!
So while I saw (little) turtles...huge groupers...huge crabs...large green moray...and as I have always found...beautiful west end diving....no pictures!! I did remember to bring the regulators back to the boat this time though....
So yesterday, Jami and I went diving to a wall off of Fantasy Island...
This wall was one like I had never seen!
Pederson Cleaning Shrimp on Corkscrew Sea Anemone...
To get to the wall we went ....close to the wreck we had gone by earlier...
Large Squid...
Giant Sea Anemone....
And, to the wall...where the flash of my camera began acting up! So my pictures certainly do not show this wall as the magnificent natural artwork it is!!
This was a beautiful wall...around 80...maybe 90 feet at the sand bottom... and the wall itself curls over you like a huge wave would if breaking above you on top of the water...So thank you again Jami!! He was once again a wonderful guide...and only because I got to 1/2 air did we have to reluctantly turn around and go back to the dingy's.
While everything has not gone as planned while here in Roatan...we have had some great times...thanks to so many that I now call and consider friends...but back to plans....our plan today is to go check out in Coxen Hole...sail to Guanaja tomorrow...and Monday begin our 5 day passage to Colon, Panama!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul